The ‘Caring Kids’ Club is a service club for Grade 5 to 7 pupils which provides young students the opportunity to gain an increased awareness and knowledge of their community and the world. At this young age all students can easily be encouraged to be caring and helpful. Our teaching aims to encourage empathy, respect, responsibility, tolerance, citizenship, compassion, friendship and leadership. Our continued aim is to make a positive difference, with our dedication and service to the community.
Our annual activities include:
- Weekly assistance at the JBay Recycling project on Monday afternoons.
- Daily collection, cleaning and sorting of recyclable goods (plastic bottles, cans, bread tags). The plastic bottles and cans collected during the week are taken to the JBay Recycling Project every Monday afternoon by our dedicated Grade 7 volunteers. (www.jbayrecyclingproject.org)
- Participation in the annual Beach Clean-up.
- World Animal Day – whole school initiation for the collection of pet food and money for the SPCA and Jeffreys Bay Pet Rescue.
- Clothing drive – collection, sorting and distribution of donated clothing for the needy.
- Casual Day – R7200 collected in for the disabled, from the 2016 sale of Casual Day stickers.
- NSRI Civvies day – R2800 collected for the NSRI (2016).
- Valentine’s Day visit – a visit and presenting of gifts to the elderly at retirement homes in Jeffreys Bay.
- Easter Egg and Stationery collection – distributed to pre-primary and primary schools in the Pellsrus area.
Thank you to all our members, parents, Mr Dippenaar and teachers, for your support, for all the generous donations and for helping us to make a difference!
What can I bring to school for recycling:
Please bring ONLY the following items:
- Empty cool-drink/juice/energy-drink bottles
- Empty water bottles
- Empty cool-drink cans
Please help us to keep our recycling area tidy by not treating it as a place for dumping trash – please place only the above items neatly at the recycling area, opposite the choir room. Don’t forget – we collect bread tags and bread bags. These can be collected in each class and taken to Miss Kennedy.
Die skool is baie betrokke by ons behoeftige leerlinge. Broodjies word gedurende pouses uitgedeel en elke kind word op sy verjaarsdag bederf met koek en ‘n geskenkie. Kruideniersware word ook aan sommige huisgesinne gegee. Kersgeskenke word elke einde van die jaar uitgedeel. Ons sou dit nie kon doen sonder die hulp van al die kerke, die Rotariërs, asook individue wat ons deur die jaar bystaan in hierdie liefdestaak. Ons hartlike dank aan almal wat betrokke is.
Tel: 042 293 13 43
Fax: 042 293 21 77